Pennsylvanians For Self Protection (PA4SP) fills the gap between national gun rights groups like the NRA and GOA and the average PA gun owner’s local community. We organize gun owners in local communities around the state to peacefully oppose any further restrictions on guns and promote trained gun ownership.
We want to work with you to make sure your community respects firearm owners and doesn’t enact policy that would infringe on your rights. We will not align ourselves, advocate or support any rally or group where the predictable outcome may intimidate the average local citizen. PA4SP promotes the trained, safe use of firearms to protect persons, property, and family. Countless lives are saved by responsible gun owners every year. Whether you are new to firearms or are a seasoned expert, joining PA4SP is an important step to keeping your rights protected in Pennsylvania.
PA4SP was formed in April of 2013 by those CGOBC Board members who wanted to focus on legislative action at the local level as the means to protect our inalienable right to keep and bear arms. As such, our organizational objectives are:
- The promotion of responsible firearm ownership in Pennsylvania.
- The education of new firearm owners regarding proper care while carrying firearms.
- The protection of the 2nd Amendment and the right of private firearm ownership guaranteed by the United States and Pennsylvania Constitutions.
- The promotion of intra-state firearm possession reciprocity legislation.
- Reconsideration “Gun Free” soft target zones, such as schools, and transformation to “High Protection” zones.
- The promotion of home defense preparations.
- Promote public policy respecting the right of private firearm ownership.